What is Bereft in Tagalog?
BEREFT IN TAGALOG – There are several English words that do not have a direct translation in Filipino, that’s why we need context to fully translate them.
In this article, we are going to learn about the Tagalog translation of this word based on context.
Bereft means deprived of or lacking (something).
In Tagalog, it can be translated as “NAWALAN.”
Here are some example sentences using this word:
- The car accident left Jeremiah bereft of the ability to move because of a spinal cord injury.
- After learning she had won the lottery, Betty was bereft of speech.
- The bereft parents felt hopeless when they learned of their daughter’s death.
- All alone on the deserted island, the man felt completely bereft of hope.
- Since all the curtains were closed, the living room was bereft of sunlight.
- The plant died because it was bereft of water.
In Tagalog, the aforementioned sentences could be translated as:
- Matapos maaksidente sa sasakyan, nawala ang abilidad ni Jeremiah na makagalaw dahil sa pinsala sa kanyang spinal cord.
- Matapos malaman na nanalo siya sa lotto, halos hindi makapagsalita si Betty.
- Nawalan ng pag-asa ang mga magulang nang malaman nila ang pagkamatay ng kanilang anak.
- Ang lalaki ay nakaramdam ng ganap na kawalan ng pag-asa noong siya ay mag-isa na lamang sa isla.
- Dahil sarado ang lahat ng kurtina, nawalan ng sikat ng araw ang sala.
- Namatay ang halaman dahil nawalan ito ng tubig.
You may also read: Abscond in Tagalog – English to Tagalog Translation
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.