Leila de Lima Platforms If She Wins Senator & Her Accomplishments
LEILA DE LIMA PLATFORMS – Here are the accomplishments of incumbent Leila de Lima and the things she promises to do if she gets elected as Senator in the May 2022 Elections.
Leila Norma Eulalia Josefa Magistrado de Lima is a lawyer, politician, human rights activist, incumbent senator, and outspoken critic of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte. She is currently detained on drug charges.
The 62-year-old politician is now running under the Senate slate of Vice President Leni Robredo. She’s part of the list of 2022 senatorial aspirants endorsed by the 1Sambayan opposition coalition.
Photo Source: Philstar
Leila de Lima was born on August 27, 1959 in Iriga, Camarines Sur. She’s the eldest daughter of former Philippine Commissions on Elections commissioner Vicente de Lima and Norma Magistrate. She completed her basic education, graduating as class valedictorian.
In 1980, Leila graduated from the De La Salle University with an AB History degree. In 1985, she finished her Bachelor of Laws degree at the San Beda College of Law.
Leila has authored at least 10 laws. She also principally sponsored 2 landmark laws namely the Magna Carta of the Poor and the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps).
While detained, the politician received several international awards and recognitions including Liberation International’s ‘Prize for Freedom.’ She was also nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize.
READ ALSO: Larry Gadon’s Platforms & Accomplishments | May 2022 Elections
LEILA DE LIMA’S PLATFORMS
- Civil & Political Security Through Good Governance
- Uphold transparency and value accountability
- Intensified, more effective anti-corruption strategies
- Reexamine procurement laws, especially in times of disasters
- Human Rights; Rule of Law
- Strengthen operation safeguards and protocols for law enforcement
a. Prosecution service reform to speed up the progress of government cases
b. Protection of human rights defenders
c. Legislate prison reform
- Enact a Magna Carta for Barangay Health Workers
- Create permanent positions for barangay health workers
- Encourage local manufacturing of medical equipment and medicine
- Maximum support to farmers, fisherfolk, and agricultural workers
- Pass a Comprehensive Land Use Act to prevent destructive developments and exploitation of land areas
- Strengthen border control to curb food smuggling
- Re-invest in education, allow students to make up for time lost during the pandemic
- Review treaties and policies to ensure they reflect the Philippines’ sovereignty as a nation
- Sovereignty over the West Philippine Sea should be non-negotiable, with joint explorations only with countries that recognize the Philippines’ exclusive economic rights over the area
- Blacklist corporations that take part in activities that violate the Philippines’ sovereignty
What can you say about this article? Leave your comments and reactions below.
READ ALSO: Risa Hontiveros Platforms & Accomplishments | May 2022 Elections
Please like and follow/subscribe:
Philnews YouTube Channel
Philnews.ph FB Page