Luke Espiritu’s Platforms If He Wins Senator & Accomplishments
LUKE ESPIRITU’S PLATFORMS – Here are the accomplishments of lawyer Luke Espiritu and his plans if he wins the May 2022 Senatorial Election.
Some of the senatorial candidates in the May 2022 Elections are not popular figures in the political arena but they have worked on public interest duties as a lawyer and as a labor leader. One of them is Atty. Luke Espiritu.
Photo Credit: The Manila Times
Renecio “Luke” Santos Espiritu Jr. was born on October 18, 1974 in Bacolod City, Negros Occidental. He is currently residing in Plainview, Mandaluyong. He is a graduate of AB Communication at Ateneo de Manila University and Juris Doctor at Ateneo de Manila School of Law.
Atty. Luke Espiritu obtained the Writ of Kalikasan to stop the privatization of the water resources in Indang, Cavite. He offers free legal services to clients from labor and urban poor areas and he was among those who assisted the legal team that questioned the warnings issued by the Department of Justice and the National Telecommunications to broadcast media over the airing of the “Hello, Garci” tapes.
As a labor leader, he served as the national president of Bukluran ng Manggagawang Pilipino from 2018 to 2021. Prior to it, from 2015 to 2020, he was the national president of the labor federation Solidarity of Unions in the Philippines for Empowerment and Reforms.
As a lecturer, he spoke on socialism and labor rights at national and international events held in Malaysia, South Korea, Indonesia, Japan, and the United Kingdom among other nations. He is also a writer.
Luke Espiritu’s Platforms:
- push for stronger protection of unionism – the rights to establish union and enter collective bargaining agreements
- job generation for all
- push for the national minimum wage to at least Php 750.00 daily
- equalize the provincial pay rates with the rates in the National Capital Region (NCR) by abolishing the Regional Wage Boards
- push for wealth tax imposition on billionaires to fund healthcare, housing, and education services
- push for the repeal of Rice Tarrification Law and the implementation of the complete agrarian reform
- stop unjust taxes on poor Filipinos by repealing the TRAIN Law and E-VAT
- push for the protection of human rights by repealing the anti-terrorism act
- pass the SOGIE Equality Bill
- address climate change
Thank you for visiting Philnews.ph. You may express your thoughts and reactions below through the comment section. You may also follow us on Facebook, on Twitter, and subscribe to our YouTube channel Philnews Ph.